Saturday, March 12, 2011

Ancient Druid Rites and Lovemaking before Beltane's Fire


I learned that Cairn was an ancient and powerful Druid.  StormRider was the Roman who had sought to destroy Cairn's way of life and the precious mysteries that sustained the Druids.  They honored and respected all of life and the Roman found that barbaric.  There had been talk of human sacrifice, but I know that Cairn was not capable of that. Perhaps if it was for the greater good and spiritual advancement.

Cairn was the most powerful Druid and led his people with compassion and honor.  StormRider had vowed to kill Cairn and to destroy his people and their ancient mysteries.  Cairn and StormRider were imprisoned in a deadly battle for each was a powerful man.  Cairn begged to sacrifice his life in exchange for his people.  Storm Rider sneered and taunted him in return.

"It's not the life of one barbaric dog that I'm after, but the whole pagan tribe of devils.  I will rid the region of your poison and whet my tongue with your blood in victory."

And so their fate had been sealed.  StormRider did manage to taste Cairn's blood as he lay dying.  They each had inflicted a simultaneous mortal blow upon the other.  Their destinies were thereafter entwined on the eve that the Druids celebrated spring - the re-awakening of the earth, fertility and life. For it was on the night that the Druids celebrated the earth's awakening after a cold winter's sleep, that they had their final battle. It was to have been a night when Beltaine's fire burned like a tiger's eyes in the depths of the forest.  Traditionally young people adorned their hair with the first spring offerings and made love warmed by Beltane's fiery glow.  It was Beltane who breathed immortality in to Cairn's broken body.  And when Cairn awakened he was the immortal Vampayre -dedicated spiritual seeker, half man  and  half angel.

"But it was before the vision left my eyes that I saw your face," Cairn told me as he held me against his vast chest.

So much love was contained there and I lay my head against Cairn's muscular warmth and dreamed ancient dreams where ignorant devils like StormRider did not walk the earth.  We had lit a fire such as the one that was lit each year to celebrate Beltane.  The fire's glow traced love patterns on our naked bodies.  And we gave ourselves to each other in the same way that the young people did - with the joy and abandon of first love.  So did we taste its sweetness and revel in her gracious bounty.

His body was more familiar to me than my own.  My hands and tongue seemed to follow an internal map that had been etched on my soul - the map of his body and spirit.  So entwined were we that I could not discern where our individual bodies began or ended.  We were in  eternity's arms at the dawn of time - destined for each other by the gods that created us.


No comments:

Post a Comment